It always seems the hardest to talk about myself…but here goes (much of this is taken from my other blog writtenforapurpose, I’ll try to add more here later):
- My name is Jess
- I am 24 years old (EDIT in June 2012: 25 now!)
- I went to school at Northwestern College in Roseville, MN and have a Bachelor’s in Communications/Journalism
- I like to write 🙂
- I currently work for a travel company doing all sorts of awesome writing about places all over the world
- I feel God is calling me to more
- I’ve always had a heart for missions, and this is a BIG step in that direction!
- I am a curly-haired redhead.
- I love the Minnesota Twins passionately…I am not a fair weather fan but an all-year-long, love-them-no-matter-how-much-they-lose-or-win type of fan 🙂
- I’m just a girl who desires to dream and live passionately for Christ.
- I have a huge heart for missions.
- I despise sex trafficking.
- My biggest hero is Jesus — He died for me and has given me LIFE in Him. I love Him!
- I love to smile (this might just be because I do it all the time, without even realizing it, to the point where quite a few people have nicknamed me Smiley…)
- I love to laugh, and I giggle at everything, very often at the wrong time, too, which makes things interesting 🙂
- I love the stars. And the North Shore (Lake Superior). It’s absolutely heavenly when I get to experience these two things together…
- I LOVE camping! I’m hard-core about it.
- I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights.
- Baseball is a part of me. If we’re friends, you know this. If not, just accept it ;).
- Playing volleyball is my favorite.
- I love horses. One of my dreams is to own a ranch someday…
- I will tell you that my favorite color is green, but really it’s navy blue…
- I am not a cake person…I only love it if it has fudge or cream cheese frosting on it or is made entirely of ice cream.
- I can make a mean batch of puppy chow!
- My dream is to travel the world for missions and write about it!
I come from a family of 7. My parents, 1 sister, and 3 brothers. I am the oldest. My brothers are crazy. Never a dull moment in our house! 😛
I have an incredible network of family and friends. I can’t even begin to describe how much they mean to me and have impacted my life.
I also go to an incredible church — River Valley Church. Seriously, look it up, and if you’re in the area, check it out! Amazing amazing amazing.
Right now I don’t know what else to say! I’m still processing the fact that I’ve been accepted to this crazy thing called The World Race!
I’ll check back with ya and add more to this later…I think this is good for now! 🙂