I’m about to hit the halfway point on my Race. It’s interesting, the perspective I have now that I’m the one on the Race. I’ve left my family and my job and my comforts. I’ve chosen this abandonment, this lack of personal space, these challenges. All because I could literally FEEL the Lord tugging me toward The World Race, asking me to GO and to TRUST Him and the beautiful future He has for me.
As you pray and ask the Lord whether He is calling you to come on the Race, know this:
- No World Race is the same.
- No experience is the same.
- Every person goes on the World Race and comes back a different person.
- Every person can experience the same things and learn something different.
- There have been World Racers who have preached every month.
- There have been World Racers who have lived in their tents every month.
- There have been World Racers who have never used their tents once.
- There have been World Racers who have enjoyed air conditioning and city living every month.
- There have been World Racers who have lived in the bush every month, with no electricity or running water.
- There have been World Racers who never got sick on their Race.
- There have been World Racers who have gotten sick every month of the Race.
- There have been World Racers who have been raised up as leaders.
- There have been World Racers who have been asked to step down from leadership.
- There have been World Racers who have been put into very stretching positions, because God had something very distinct for them to learn.
- There have been World Racers who have not been raised up into leadership positions while on the Race.
- And of course, there have been World Racers who have experienced a little bit of everything.
Your World Race will literally be tailored by God in order to do the things in you that He needs to do.
Your World Race will NOT look the same as anyone else’s.
You can scour the blogs all you want. You can do all of the praying that you want. But at some point, you have to make a decision. If the Lord is calling you to do this—to step out into the unknown, to be challenged and away from comfort, friends, family, a secure job, and all you’ve ever known—you must be ready, and you must be ready to change.
You must be ready to hurt. You must be ready to give yourself up. It’s going to be the adventure of a lifetime. This seriously is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The World Race is an amazing opportunity. It opens you up to a whole new world of possibilities and knowledge and experiences.
It breathes adventure. It screams new life. It pours incredible Holy Spirit goodness into you.
But it will challenge you and stretch you to your core.
You will NOT be ready for this, no matter how much you prepare.
You will not bring the right stuff, no matter how much you research and read all of the blogs.
You must simply be ready to GO. To FOLLOW the Lord into the unknown. To say YES to Him and His calling on your life.
You will grow. You will change. The Lord will transform your view of Him and He will burst your bubble in more ways than one: spiritually, physically, mentally, all of the above.
It is going to be GOOD.
It will be incredible.
What a wild ride.
You won’t have all of the answers, and you’ll be asked to simply TRUST and to let God equip you in the moment, when you don’t feel like it and can’t see the way.
As followers of Jesus, we live lives of trust and faith.
We will always have a choice. To love, to trust, to commit, to go, to pray, to listen, to follow.
If your heart cries for this, then choose the World Race.
It will be hard. You will hate it at times. But it’s one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.