“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way.”
I feel like my life over the past few days has been like writing a Dr. Seuss poem/story.
- Goodbye, work/co-workers…
- Garage sale
- Going away party
- Travel to see brother graduate from Air Force TACP training and get his beret!
- Goodbye, bro…
- LOTS of coffee dates with friends. LOTS of hugs.
- Goodbye, friends.
- Pack, pack, pack.
- Last minute shopping runs.
- Slightly start freaking out…
- Parents calm you down and give you lots of grace and hugs.
- Pack some more.
- Goodbye, car.
- Goodbye, family.
- More hugs and tears.
- Goodbye, room. Goodbye, bed. Goodbye, house.
- More hugs and tears and hugs and tears at the airport.
- Lots of waving at my mom and sister while in the security line (pretty sure people thought I was crazy.)
This is real.
This is the process of leaving. But it’s normal, and God has been with me through it all. God knows me. He’s with me. Holding my hand, every step of the way. It’s gonna be good. Thanks, God, for everyone praying for me, I can feel it and I’m so grateful!
I’m in Chicago! It’s a little crazy. We all agree that it doesn’t feel real yet. I just landed here about 4 hours ago. All of the tears this morning are pretty fresh. Thank the Lord for a window seat on the plane so I could take a good look at the Minneapolis skyline one last time for a while. I even saw Valley Fair. Deep dish pizza has held me over, made my stomach happy. And lots of hugs from my awesome J-squaders.
I’ll see you all in 11 months!
Hello, World Race!
(I’ll let you all know when I know when we’re officially leaving and where I’ll be in the DR!)
As I’ve said many times before, I LOVE love love you all!!! You are HUGE blessings in my life, and your prayers are absolutely carrying me and keeping me moving forward in this calling God has on my life!
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”
– Irish Blessing